THE 2022 CADILLAC V-SERIES BLACKWING
Coming this Summer
V-Series Blackwing: Designed to Perform
The 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing are designed for functionality and comfort
The 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing achieve an artful balance between form and function.
Descended from the brand’s racing-derived V-Series legacy, the design elements of the new V-Series Blackwing sedans support and complement their track-capable performance, while advancing the V-Series’ motorsports-inspired heritage of styling and enhanced refinement.
“As the ultimate performance versions of our V-Series lineup, the prime directive for their designs was to maintain authenticity and integrity, while also raising the bar,” said Andrew Smith, executive director, Global Cadillac Design. “Everything new and unique on these vehicles was only included if it served a functional purpose, while simultaneously creating a powerful signature look.”
On the exteriors, wind-tunnel testing and extensive racetrack validation refined the designs to optimize the balance of form and function. On the inside, every unique V-Series Blackwing element, from the available carbon fiber-accented seats to track-specific layouts for the driver information center, was developed for its contribution to driver control.
- Unique exterior elements, including detailed primary and secondary grilles, rear spoiler, front splitter, mid-body panels, rear diffuser, fender vents, rocker extensions and more
- Full LED exterior lighting
- “Underwing” underbody panels that support drag reduction and track capability
- Available, wind-tunnel-tested carbon fiber package that reduces lift on a track, compared to the standard aero package — including a 214 percent reduction in lift on the CT4-V Blackwing
- Brembo® brake calipers that are available in grey, blue, red and bronze
- Three levels of premium interiors (Base, Mid-level and Up-level), with unique trim, appointments and technologies, including standard wireless Apple CarPlay1 and Android Auto2 capability and wireless phone charging3. CT5-V Blackwing adds standard Surround Vision with recording, head-up display4 and more
- Available high-performance front seats, with up to 18-way adjustability, heat, ventilation and lumbar massage — and available carbon fiber-accented racing seats on the CT5-V Blackwing
- High-performance steering wheel with carbon fiber accents and magnesium shift paddles (with available 10-speed automatic transmission), as well as V-Mode and Performance Traction Management control (steering wheel standard on CT5-V Blackwing and available on CT4-V Blackwing) — including a serialized production number plate
- Unique manual transmission center console (with standard six-speed manual transmission), with carbon fiber accents and a shifter featuring a 3D-printed medallion cap
- Available sueded microfiber headliner and additional interior accents
- AKG premium audio system with 14 speakers (CT4-V Blackwing) or 15 speakers (CT5-V Blackwing)
- Configurable instrument cluster with a 12-inch-diagonal HD display that includes unique V-Series Blackwing graphics, and customizable performance settings such as a Track screen with performance timers for 0-60 mph, quarter-mile acceleration, lap timer and more
- Available second-generation Performance Data Recorder providing driver with improved recording capabilities and new levels of driving analysis
Refined in the wind tunnel
The CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing benefit from extensive aerodynamic development and testing, with unique exterior features designed to reduce lift, and support propulsion system and drivetrain cooling needs.
“The openings in the grilles are larger in order to direct airflow to the multiple radiators, as well as the brakes,” says Josh Thurber, exterior design manager, Cadillac. “It’s all functional and it contributes to a purposeful, racing-inspired look for both cars.”
Development started with extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics simulations, along with wind-tunnel testing on reduced-scale and full-size models featuring clay, foam and 3D-printed prototype components.
Additionally, full-scale testing was also conducted at GM’s upgraded full-scale, rolling-road wind tunnel. The refinements made during the testing resulted in a tailored, unique exterior package consisting of:
- New primary mesh grille design that improves airflow over the previous generation. The mesh pattern is refined to include secondary reeds that influence backdraft angles, directing airflow to the main radiators, cooler and airflow ducts
- Larger secondary grilles that direct airflow to the auxiliary charge coolers, while the smaller front lower grilles reduce pressure while channeling airflow into brake-cooling ducts
- Front splitter that reduces lift to help keep the car planted when cornering at higher speeds
- Rear spoiler that balances the effect of the front splitter to help maintain rear-wheel traction at higher speeds
- Mid-body panels that improve underbody aerodynamics
- Underwing - the underbody panels are designed with airflow-channeling strakes dubbed “the underwing” that support the cars’ aero-efficiency and track capability
- Rocker extensions and a rear valence diffuser that continue the grounded look established by the front splitter
The CT5-V Blackwing also incorporates air deflectors for the front wheels. These deflectors are designed to decrease drag but can be removed to maximize cooling airflow to the brakes.
Both V-Series Blackwing models are available with a functional carbon fiber aero package that generates a significant reduction in lift, compared to the standard aero package. On the CT4-V Blackwing, it provides a 214-percent reduction in lift and a 75-percent reduction on the CT5-V Blackwing.
Distinctive wheels and brake calipers
Forged aluminum, staggered-size wheels are standard on both models. On the CT4-V Blackwing, they measure 18 x 9 inches wide in the front and 18 x 9.5 inches wide in the rear; and on the CT5-V Blackwing, they measure 19 x 10 inches in front and 19 x 11 inches in the rear.
The wheels share a similar, motorsports-inspired multi-spoke design and are offered in two appearances: a premium satin Graphite painted finish with a laser-etched V-Series logo or a polished face with Dark Android-painted pockets, also with a laser-etched V-Series logo.
A bronze appearance is also available on the standard Brembo® brake calipers, along with red, blue and the standard grey finish. The choices offer greater personalization options for customers, allowing them to tailor the calipers with the exterior color of the car and its wheels.
Interior beauty and function
The interiors of the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing are elevated to new levels of functionality, finish and refinement.
Available high-performance seats and a high-performance steering wheel contribute function to the equation, while elements such as an available sueded microfiber headliner and Opus leather trim amplify the cars’ aura of handcrafted sophistication and technical precision.
There’s also a standard AKG premium audio system, with 14 and 15 speakers for CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing, respectively. The AKG sound system also features brushed aluminum grilles with laser etching, and Neodymium magnets to reduce weight while still producing a premium sound experience.
Both models are offered with three interior trim levels, starting with standard performance front seats, performance steering wheel and unique additional interior trim. High-performance seats, including available carbon fiber seatbacks on the CT5-V Blackwing, a high-performance steering wheel and additional carbon fiber interior trim are available.
High-performance seats and steering wheel
A bolstered performance front seat is standard on CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing, with a high-performance front seat design included on the upper trim levels.
Both versions represent the next step in seat design for Cadillac V-Series, with greater comfort and added features. They’re designed to provide exceptional lateral support during spirited driving, while also offering a high degree of adjustability to accommodate varying driver and passenger sizes.
The seats feature heat, driver’s memory settings and up to 18 power adjustments. The upgraded high-performance seat features a slim headrest design to comfortably accommodate helmets when at the track, along with the crafted V-Series logos and bolster ergonomics for more comfortable manual shifting.
Additional available seat features, depending on the trim, include ventilation, lumbar massage and custom perforations, quilting or sueded microfiber trim. On the CT5-V Blackwing, the high-performance semi-aniline leather front seats include a lightweight carbon fiber seatback.
Complementing the up-level seats is a thick, 14.5-inch-diameter (370 mm) high-performance steering wheel that is standard on the mid-and-upper tier CT4-V Blackwing trims and all of the CT5-V Blackwing trims. It features carbon fiber trim and additional fingertip controls, including a quick-access V-Mode button and Performance Traction Management switch. It also includes magnesium shift paddles when the vehicle is equipped with the available 10-speed automatic transmission.
This wheel will come with a serialized number plate that corresponds with each vehicle’s unique VIN sequence.
CT4-V Blackwing interior trims
|Performance Leatherette front seats with heat and 18-way power adjustment Performance steering wheel with leather trim Carbon fiber console trim Taffeta headliner Color: Jet Black||Level 1 High-Performance Cloth/Leather Seating Surface front seats with sueded appointments; with heat and 16-way power adjustment High-performance steering wheel with additional controls and carbon fiber trim Carbon fiber console trim Taffeta headliner Colors: Jet Black or Sky Cool Grey||Level 2 High-Performance Leather Seating Surface front seats with sueded appointments, including sueded wrapped back panel; with heat, ventilation, lumbar massage and 18-way adjustment High-performance steering wheel with additional controls and carbon fiber trim Carbon fiber console trim Leather and sueded door accents Sueded headliner Colors: Jet Black, Sky Cool Grey or Natural Tan|
CT5-V Blackwing interior trims
|Performance Leather Seating Surface front seats with heat, ventilation, lumbar massage and 18-way adjustment High-performance steering wheel with additional controls and carbon fiber trim Carbon fiber interior trim Taffeta headliner Color: Jet Black||Level 2 High-Performance Leather Seating Surface front seats with sueded appointments, including sueded wrapped back panel; with heat, ventilation, lumbar massage and 18-way adjustment High-performance steering wheel with additional controls and carbon fiber trim Carbon fiber interior trim Leather and sueded microfiber door accents Sueded microfiber headliner Colors: Jet Black or Sky Cool Grey||Level 3 High-Performance Leather front seats with custom quilting and carbon fiber back panel; with heat, ventilation, lumbar massage and 18-way adjustment High-performance steering wheel with additional controls and carbon fiber trim Carbon fiber interior trim Semi-aniline leather and sueded door accents Sueded microfiber headliner Colors: Jet Black, Sky Cool Grey or Natural Tan|
Design and technology integration
The functional beauty of the V-Series Blackwing models extends to the configurable in-vehicle technologies that support the cars’ performance and personalized driving experiences. Unique, tailored features involve drivers and help focus attention on driving, while also offering feedback on their drives on the track and on the road.
- Standard 12-inch-diagonal HD configurable instrument cluster with V-Series Blackwing start-up animation. The cluster has three display personas: Tour, Sport and Track, along with two configurable areas where the driver can display the information deemed the most important.
- The Track layout of the instrument cluster includes several performance features such as a shift light for optimal manual shifting, as well as access to the Performance Timer feature, which records 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, quarter-mile acceleration, a manual lap timer integrated with the available Performance Data Recorder and a friction bubble displaying lateral and longitudinal g-forces. It also provides access to the Launch Control menu, for custom launch settings and the line lock control.
- Head-up display4 (CT5-V Blackwing) that is themed to match each of the three display personas, including different notifications, such as a tachometer reading on the Sport setting and shift lights with the Track setting.
- Infotainment display integration - both models provide access to the latest Cadillac user experience5, which includes access to several V-Series Blackwing-specific features and applications, including the available Performance Data Recorder and front seat adjustments. The systems include an 8-inch-diagonal HD color touchscreen on the CT4-V Blackwing and a 10-inch-diagonal HD color touchscreen on the CT5-V Blackwing.
- Performance Data Recorder 2.0 is available and allows drivers to record every aspect of their driving, including real-time audio and front camera video, as well as 34 channels of performance data for detailed analysis. New and enhanced features on the V-Series Blackwings’ second-generation system include enhanced recording resolution (1080 pixels), refined design of sport, track and performance timing overlays, display of Performance Traction Management modes, dash cam functionality and more.
Coming this summer6
Reservations for both vehicles open on Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET on Cadillac.com, with deliveries later this summer. Pricing begins at $59,9907 for the CT4-V Blackwing and $84,9907 for the CT5-V Blackwing.
V-Series Blackwing: Ultimate Track Capability, Zero Compromise
The 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing, two of the most powerful Cadillacs ever, raise the bar on performance
The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing represent the pinnacle of Cadillac performance and craftsmanship, leveraging championship-winning racing heritage to create the most track-capable Cadillacs ever, while continuing to set new standards for luxury and comfort.
Leveraging a Cadillac racing history that began in 1949 and has seen sustained success over the last two decades, the V-Series Blackwing models were developed with driver engagement and performance at the top of mind.
“V-Series Blackwing stands for the very highest level of execution from Cadillac and offers a distinctly American vision of performance: incredible power and luxurious craftsmanship, with absolutely zero compromise between the two,” said Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer, Cadillac. “We looked to our championship-winning racing heritage and brought an uncompromising eye for detail to create two cars that elevate the V-Series experience.”
V-Series Blackwing vehicles build on the already excellent performance dynamics of the CT5-V and CT4-V to create the top tier of the Cadillac sedan lineup.
- Evolutions of the track-ready Cadillac 6.2L Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing and 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 in the CT4-V Blackwing
- Upgraded TREMEC six-speed manual transmission standard
- Available 10-speed automatic transmission
- Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential enhanced to reduce mass and improve on-track reliability
- Advanced suspension refinements providing greater body control and a more agile feel
- Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, the world’s fastest reacting suspension technology, sharpening the balance between daily-driving comfort and high-performance track capability
- Unique structural enhancements improving steering response and handling on the track
- Cadillac’s largest ever factory-installed brakes, available on the CT5-V Blackwing
- Extensive validation including 12-hour and 24-hour track testing
- Customizable integrated digital gauge cluster with Custom Launch Control and Performance Traction Management settings
The CT5-V Blackwing uses an upgraded 6.2L supercharged V8 that, thanks to a higher flow air-intake and revised exhaust system, is rated at 668 horsepower (498 kW) and 659 lb-ft of torque (893 Nm), making it the most powerful production Cadillac ever. Each engine is hand-built at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly facility in Kentucky and features a signed engine builder’s plate.
The CT4-V Blackwing sports an evolution of the Cadillac 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 that features revised control system software and an improved air intake system to create 472 horsepower (352 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm). The turbos’ low-inertia (titanium-aluminide) turbine wheels enable more precise and responsive application of torque throughout the rev range.
Highlighted features and output:
- CT5-V Blackwing: 6.2L Supercharged V8 - 668 hp, 659 lb-ft of torque
- GM-estimated top track speed: over 200 mph
- GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission)
- Most powerful Cadillac ever
- Air intake airflow is improved by 46 percent vs. the CTS-V
- Compact, high-output 1.7L four-lobe Eaton supercharger with small-diameter rotors that enable boost to be generated earlier in the rpm band for instantaneous response
- Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads are stronger and handle heat better than conventional aluminum-alloy heads
- Lightweight titanium intake valves
- Track-capable wet-sump oiling and vent system with external oil separator and drainback
- CT4-V Blackwing: 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 - 472 hp, 445 lb-ft of torque
- GM-estimated top speed: 189 mph
- GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission)
- Most powerful and fastest Cadillac in the subcompact class
- Air intake restriction is improved by 39 percent vs. the ATS-V
- Turbocharger compressors matched for peak efficiency at peak power for optimal track performance
- Titanium connecting rods (manual transmission only) and revised crankshaft counterweights reduce main/rod bearing reciprocating loads
- Re-targeted piston oil squirters, which direct engine oil at the bottoms of the pistons, for improved temperature control
- The manifold-integrated water-to-air charge cooling system contributes to more immediate torque response
- Airflow routing volume is reduced by 60 percent when compared to a conventional design that features a remotely mounted heat exchanger
Track-capable braking systems
Both V-Series Blackwing models feature advanced high-performance braking systems that have been extensively track and road-tested. The exclusive V-Series Blackwing wheel designs enable an even larger rotor over the previous CTS-V, making the CT5-V Blackwing braking system the largest factory-installed brakes in Cadillac history. Additionally, an available carbon-ceramic brake package for the CT5-V Blackwing, featuring cross-drilled rotors, deliver several benefits including weight savings, durability and heat management.
- CT4-V Blackwing: 14.96 x 1.34-inch (380 X 34 mm) front rotors and 13.4 x 1.1-inch (340.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors
- CT5-V Blackwing: 15.67 x 1.42-inch (398 X 36 mm) front rotors and 14.7 x 1.1-inch (373.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors
- Staggered Brembo® six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers
- Available on the CT5-V Blackwing, the lightweight carbon-ceramic brake package significantly improves heat management, as well as greater resistance to wear under extreme conditions on the racetrack, while also reducing unsprung mass and rotating mass:
- 53-pound (24 kg) reduction in unsprung weight
- 62-pound (28 kg) reduction in rotating mass
- High-performance copper-free brake linings comply with California law and deliver superior fade resistance with an excellent pedal feel on and off the track
- Brake systems are integrated to each vehicles’ selectable drive modes, including brake pedal feel. Brake pedal feel can also be assigned within My-Mode and V-Mode
Manual transmission is standard
Rare for sport sedans today, a six-speed TREMEC manual transmission is standard on both vehicles. It has been optimized for each V-Series Blackwing vehicle to provide an engaging experience on the track or on the road. Details include:
- LuK twin-disc clutch for high torque capacity and great pedal feel
- Active Rev Matching accessible via a console mounted toggle switch to automatically adjust engine speed to match anticipated downshifts
- No-Lift Shift allowing the driver to shift gears without letting off the gas pedal. In the case of the CT4-V Blackwing, it allows the turbos to remain spooled, resulting in faster lap times
- Transmission and rear differential cooling – the manual and automatic transmissions use the same track-performance cooling system for greater track performance
- Clutch and brake pedals positioned for optimal driver ergonomics
- A physical barrier stop for the clutch pedal rather than a hydraulic master cylinder stop provides greater driver feedback during clutch operation
- A shorter shifter ratio than previous generations for more precise shifts
Ten-speed automatic transmission
The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing are available with a 10-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. It is tuned to complement the dual-personality experience of each respective model.
- Tap Shift/Manual Mode allowing the driver to use integrated magnesium paddle shifters to select a gear and hold it until selecting the next gear, up or down
- Sport Mode providing real-time interpretation of driving conditions, adjusting the transmission to reduce shift busyness and improve performance, while retaining aggressive driving dynamics
- Twenty-four-hour track testing resulted in several improvements in response to the demands of a high-g track environment, including a unique oil pan design and priority valve changes
- Unique control systems with performance calibrations tailored for each model
- Ten forward gears offer the most available transmission speeds in each sedans’ respective segments, helping keep the engines within their optimal rpm bands, while also anticipating the next shifts
- Dynamic Performance Mode is calibrated specifically for V-Series Blackwing to deliver track focused shift patterns and automatically activates when high-g forces are experienced in Sport or Track mode
- An auxiliary pump primes the automatic transmission system from the time the vehicle door is opened for improved cold-shift performance.
Both V-Series Blackwing models also feature an enhanced Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential. It weighs less and has been optimized for each driving mode and each Performance Traction Management setting.
- More control of the rear differential compared to traditional open and mechanical limited-slip differentials
- Enhances road grip by automatically allocating torque to the rear wheel with the most traction during hard cornering — with the capability of sending up to 1,475 lb-ft (2,000 Nm) of locking torque across the axle
- High-performance differential cooler
- An aluminum housing replacing the previous generation cast iron housing, reducing mass by more than 22 pounds (10 kg)
- Exclusive integrated heat exchanger for enhanced cooling
Advanced suspension systems and strengthened chassis
V-Series Blackwing combines the fourth generation of Magnetic Ride Control (MR 4.0), with improvements to the front and rear suspension systems. Stiffer spring rates, unique hollow stabilizer bars, higher-rate bushings and more enable a driving experience that isolates the driver from road imperfections, while also providing a precise, engaging connection with the road.
MR 4.0 highlights:
- Immense performance envelope that gave Cadillac engineers the freedom to optimize everyday driving and aggressive track performance
- New accelerometers and an inertial measurement unit that transmit and process changes in road conditions four times faster than the previous generation system
- Secondary temperature maps that enable engineers to compensate for changes in damper fluid temperature for more consistent performance, even during performance driving
- Inertial measurement unit that provides more precise measurements of body motion relative to the wheel for more accurate readings under heavy braking, hard cornering and other driving conditions
- Improved magnetic flux control that creates a more consistent and accurate transition between rebound and compression
- Improvements to transient body control that allow the vehicle to remain more level while transitioning between corners
MacPherson strut front suspension:
- Ride link includes an all-new 100-percent elastomer bushing on the CT4-V Blackwing and a retuned hydro bushing on the CT5-V Blackwing, for improved ride response
- Handling link has cross-axis ball joints for improved lateral control and quicker steering response
Five-link independent rear suspension:
- Lateral link features stiffer bushings for faster response and increased cornering agility
- Toe link has cross-axis ball joints for increased stability and driver confidence
- Rear knuckles have increased stiffness for improved braking and better control during cornering
- Rear cradle mounts have been stiffened for optimum balance between road comfort and track performance
V-Series Blackwing models are built on Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel drive architecture and feature unique structural enhancements including shock tower braces, an underside shear plate and thicker rear cross members to improve chassis rigidity. Along with the unique suspension elements, the stiffer structure enhances steering response, handling and the everyday driving experience.
All-day performance, on and off the track
The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing build on Cadillac’s racing heritage and were developed to be track-capable straight from the factory. That includes an intensive validation program to ensure consistent performance during the most challenging track conditions.
Validation for both models included:
- Twenty-four-hour continuous track testing with the available automatic transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package
- Twelve-hour continuous track testing with the standard manual transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package
Functional aerodynamics, including an available carbon fiber aero package, contribute to the V-Series Blackwing models’ track prowess to support a variety of cooling needs for the cars’ respective engines, transmissions, axles and other supporting systems.
Additionally, MICHELIN® Pilot Sport 4S tires developed exclusively for the V-Series Blackwing models contribute to their balance of track capability and road comfort. Highlights include:
- Unique, multiple-compound tread composition:
- Contact patch composed of three unique tread rubber compounds
- Racing “R compound” used for the majority of the tread
- Compounds optimized for wet traction, enhanced street and track durability, as well as rolling resistance
- The mold shape of the tire has been specifically engineered for Blackwing models to optimize contact with the road
- Tire sizes:
- CT5-V Blackwing tire size: 275/35ZR19 (front) and 305/30ZR19 (rear)
- CT4-V Blackwing tire size: 255/35ZR18 (front) and 275/35ZR18 (rear)
Both V-Series Blackwing vehicles feature standard forged aluminum alloy wheels with staggered widths, front to rear. These forged wheels are stronger and lighter than conventional cast aluminum.
- CT5-V Blackwing: Front – 19 x 10 inches / Rear – 19 x 11 inches
- CT4-V Blackwing: Front – 18 x 9 inches / Rear – 18 x 9.5 inches
Coming this summer
Reservations for both vehicles open on Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET on Cadillac.com, with deliveries later this summer. Pricing begins at $59,9901 for the CT4-V Blackwing and $84,9901 for the CT5-V Blackwing.
Cadillac Teases V-Series Blackwing Performance Steering Wheel
Today, Cadillac shared an early image of the 2022 CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing performance steering wheel. The wheel is meticulously crafted with leather and cut-and-sewn stitching, a 12 o’clock red racing stripe, carbon fiber trim and a V-Series emblem, ensuring that each vehicle reflects Cadillac’s championship-winning heritage on the track. Designed with driver ergonomics as a priority, Cadillac’s exclusive V-Mode and Performance Traction Management system can be quickly and directly accessed on the left- and right-hand side of the wheel, respectively.
Cadillac is in the midst of ushering in the next era of the V-Series sub-brand. Now in its fourth generation, V-Series has represented an elevated expression of design, technology and driving dynamics. V-Series Blackwing signifies the ultimate in Cadillac performance and craftsmanship by combining the brand’s racing heritage with luxury and comfort to create the most track-capable Cadillacs ever.
The CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available1 starting in summer 2021. Visit the V-Series Blackwing future vehicles page on Cadillac.com to sign up for future product updates.
Upcoming CT5-V Blackwing to Feature Racing-Inspired, Carbon Fiber Seats
The 2022 CT5-V Blackwing will offer premium racing-inspired seats. The carbon fiber seat back will feature a precision book-matched design and laser-etched V-Series logo. The seats will also include other customer-centric innovations and features that will be announced at a later date.
The CT5-V Blackwing will be available1 starting in summer 2021. Visit the V-Series Blackwing future vehicles page on Cadillac.com to sign up for future product updates.
Cadillac V-Series Blackwing Previews Exclusive Magnesium Wheels to Enhance Ride and Handling
DETROIT – Today, Cadillac unveiled one of the first uncamouflaged exterior images of its V-Series Blackwing vehicles, showcasing the cars’ exclusive magnesium wheels. The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be the only GM products to offer magnesium wheels in the near future.
Inspired by the championship-winning Cadillac DPi-V.R race car, the optional forged magnesium alloy wheels will help reduce the unsprung weight of the vehicle, improving ride and handling, and the overall driving experience.
Five Fast Facts About Magnesium
- Magnesium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of all commonly available metals1.
- Magnesium wheels absorb road vibration and transform it into heat, which is dissipated1.
- Magnesium was first discovered in 1755 and is the eighth most abundant element in the Earth’s crust2.
- Formula 1, MotoGP and World Endurance Championship teams use forged magnesium wheels to improve acceleration times and enhance safety1.
- Magnesium is a mineral needed by every cell in the human body3.
The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available4 starting summer 2021. Visit the V-Series Blackwing future vehicles page on Cadillac.com to sign up for future product updates.
Cadillac Brings Manual Transmission to V-Series Blackwings with the Help of 3D Printing
Two-thirds of American adults know how to drive a stick shift, and more are interested in learning
Cadillac’s introduction of the new 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will also mark the revival of one
of the most popular features for driving enthusiasts – the manual transmission. These manual transmissions
were produced using new additive manufacturing applications that will bring 3D-printed parts into the
upcoming ultra-high-performance sedans.
The V-Series Blackwing models will be the first GM production vehicles with functional 3D-printed parts, including two HVAC ducts and an electrical harness bracket. In addition, a unique 3D-printed medallion will sit on the manual shifter knob. By leveraging additive manufacturing, the Cadillac team was able to reduce costs and waste when developing the manual transmission.
“A lot of work went into making the manual possible in both vehicles. It’s something we know V-Series buyers want and it’s something we knew we had to have, so we used innovative processes to make it happen,” said Mirza Grebovic, Cadillac performance variant manager. “There are a few ways to really get that connected feel with the vehicle and the manual transmission is probably the most obvious one.”
Both the CT4-V Blackwing and the CT5-V Blackwing will come standard with a six-speed manual transmission and offer a 10-speed automatic transmission as an option. The CT4-V Blackwing will be the only sedan in its segment to offer a manual.
This six-speed manual transmission is both quieter and more durable than the previous generation.
The Current Manual Market
In a recent Harris Poll study conducted on behalf of Cadillac about the current knowledge and adoption of the manual transmission found:
- Sixty-six percent of American adults surveyed know how to drive a manual.
- Of those who do not know how to drive a manual, roughly 40 percent are either somewhat or very interested in learning.
- More than half (55 percent) of American adults say they have owned or leased a car with a manual transmission.
- Interest in driving or learning to drive a manual is higher among those with $75,000 or more in annual household income (64 percent interested) and those between 18-34 in age (62 percent interested).
The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available1 starting summer 2021. Visit the V-Series Blackwing future vehicles page on Cadillac.com to sign up for future product updates.
1V-Series Blackwing models will have limited availability
Cadillac to Reveal V-Series Blackwings on Feb. 1
Special sneak peek will take place two days prior, during Rolex 24 at DAYTONA
In less than one month, the wait will be over. The 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be revealed via livestream Monday, Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT. Viewers can tune in on Cadillac.com, the Cadillac Twitter page or Cadillac’s media site to watch the reveal.
During the event, viewers will be immersed into both ultra-high-performance sedans, which combine on-track excitement with next-level craftsmanship.
In addition, those watching Rolex 24 at DAYTONA on Saturday, Jan. 30 will be treated to a special sneak peek of the V-Series Blackwing1 cars prior to reveal.
The CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available1 in late summer 2021.
1V-Series Blackwing models will have limited availability
Cadillac Surprises Racing Fans with V-Series Blackwing First Look During Rolex 24 at DAYTONA
While the 2022 CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be officially revealed via livestream on Monday, Feb. 1, 2021 at 7 p.m. ET, viewers who tuned in to Rolex 24 at DAYTONA were treated to a special sneak peek of both ultra-high performance sedans.
During the 60-second video that aired on NBC, Cadillac showed stirring nighttime driving footage as each vehicle raced around the track. Nods to the V-Series Blackwings’ racing inspiration were conveyed through 1950s footage of Cadillac racing at 24 Hours of Le Mans projected along stretches of the track and on the vehicles. At the end of the video, viewers see the cars in full light and without camouflage for the first time.
Complete vehicle details, as well as shots of the vehicles’ exteriors and interiors, will be revealed on Monday, Feb. 1, at 7 p.m. ET during the livestream event. Viewers can tune in to the reveal through Cadillac.com, the Cadillac Twitter page or Cadillac’s media site.
Following the livestream event, customers interested in a 2022 CT4-V Blackwing or CT5-V Blackwing will have the opportunity to reserve their preferred vehicle. Customers can use the Reserve Yours page on Cadillac.com to reserve one of the first 250 CT4-V Blackwings or 250 CT5-V Blackwings.
The CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing will be available1 in late summer 2021.
1V-Series Blackwing models will have limited availability.